Results in 2016
In 2016 and early 2017 TACC have worked on a number of campaigns and activities.
- March 2017 – Our response to the Town Centre proposals – see Town Centre proposal
- March 2017 – Our response to the consultation on the new junction 25 of the M5 – see Nexus J25 proposal
- Jan 2017 – Our submission to Somerset County Council on the problems for pedestrians and cyclists arising from the design of new cycling infrastructure approved/built by SCC with examples of poor recent infrastructure. This includes over-sized roundabouts and multiple lane crossings, lack of priority of side crossings and cyclist/pedestrian unfriendly guard railing – see Design issues & standards
- Jan 2017 – Our objection to the planning application containing the proposed cycle infrastructure on the Staplegrove Spine Road and its junctions – see North Taunton Developement application
- Dec 2016 – Our submission to the Firepool Planning Application – see Firepool application
- Summer/Autumn 2016 – An online survey of local cyclists: over 300 responded. We used the information collected to produce a map of 15 hotspots which we presented with the findings of the survey to Somerset County Council and Taunton Deane Borough Council in November 2016 – see Survey 2016
- Design Issues & Standards – one of the fundamental issues that we face on campaigning for better infrastructure is that the design standards adopted by local council is outdated. We are campaigning to get those design standards amended to adopt up-to-date guidance.
- Taunton Tube Map – we have produced this tube map of cycling routes in and around Taunton which can aid communications with local council to illustrate concerns and issues.